1. Race Venue - The race starts and finishes at Cantley Park, off Twyford Road, Wokingham. Please refer to course map for location and route. No dogs, accompanying vehicles or cycles are allowed on the course.
2. Car Parking - There is no parking available at Cantley Park. We recommend the use of the Council car parks within Wokingham town centre. Using these car parks will guarantee easy access to and from Cantley Park. Please do not use the Cantley Hotel entrance to gain access to the start. Wokingham Borough Council have now introduced £1 charge for most car parks on a Sunday.
3. Onsite Facilities - Changing rooms and shower facilities are available within Cantley Park. Kit tents are provided near the start and finish. Plastic bin bags and labels will be available at the kit tents. All bags either your own or a bin bag must have a label attached before being left at the kit tent. Any belongings are left at owners risk.
4. Race Number and Chip - Please ensure that you secure your race number to the front of your running vest. All competitors must complete the Important Runner Information on the back of the race number. If you have a medical condition which will need consideration should you be taken ill, please mark the front of your number with a black cross. If you feel unwell before the race, or have not been well for a few days prior to the event, please do not start, remember there is always another year. Race numbers must not be passed on to another runner, this will lead to disqualification. We strongly recommend that you do not remove the chip from the envelope until you arrive at the race venue. If you do not take part please return the chip in the pre-paid envelope. Replacement numbers will be charged at £5 each.
5. Start Time - The race will commence from Cantley Park at precisely 10.00 am and all competitors should arrive one hour before the start, as surrounding roads which form part of the course will be closed to traffic before the race starts. Please run on the left hand side of the road unless otherwise instructed by the course marshals.
6. Drink Stations - Water stations on route will be at approximately 3, 5, 7.5 and 9.5 miles. There will be a water station and free hot drinks available at the finish for all competitors.
7. First Aid - Medical services are provided on route, along with radio communications. If you feel unable to complete the course, please wait with a marshal for the follow-up vehicle which will transport you back to Cantley Park.
8. Race Pace - THE RACE OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE RUNNERS NOT PAST 6 MILES IN 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES OR 10 MILES IN 2 HOURS TO BOARD THE SWEEPER COACH AND BE TAKEN BACK TO CANTLEY.
9. Team Competition - There is a team competition for both men and women. The results are calculated on the combined finish time for the first four competitors within their club.
10. Prizes - £500 for a new course record (Men: 1.03.14, Women: 1.11.09). All competitors who finish the race will receive a medal. There are individual trophies and cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the men’s and women’s races. There are also trophies and cash prizes for fastest veterans - men’s ages 40-44, 45-49, 50-59 and 60+ and women’s ages 35-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+. Presentations will be at 12.15 - 12.30 pm. Individual prize winners will qualify for one prize only.
11. Toilets - Are located within Cantley between the start and kit tents. A few additional toilets are placed by the main gate. On the course they are positioned behind the water station at Hurst Cricket Club.
12. Refreshments - We will be providing hot drinks, cold drinks and assorted “tuck shop” items throughout the day. A free hot or cold drink is available for all runners at the end of the race. This can be found near the start line. A food outlet will also be available within Cantley.
13. Results - Results will be published on our website and on Sportsystem’s website. We will endeavour to get the results published within 24 hours. Please be patient.
14. Information and Enquiries - This can be found in a marquee located adjacent to the kit tents.
15. Emergency Information - As the race takes place when bad weather can prevail the decision to cancel the event may be taken at short notice, please tune to local radio stations in the area 2-Ten FM (102.9 and 97.0) and BBC Radio Berkshire (104.4 and 95.4 FM). Every effort will be made to have the local radio stations in the London, Oxfordshire and South Coast areas broadcast any cancellation news. Our website will also be kept up to date with any relevant information or check the Runner’s forums.
In the event of cancellation, no entrant will be entitled to a refund and entries will be carried to the 2018 race. The decision to cancel will be taken by the Race Referee taking into account advice from the police and Wokingham Borough Council. Please check the website for up-to-date information. DO NOT PHONE LOCAL RADIO STATIONS OR POLICE FOR INFORMATION.
16. Race Photos - View and buy your race photos at www.sportcam.net
17. Massage and T-Shirts - Massage will be provided by the London School of Sports Massage, who will be offering a free service. T-Shirt sales are also on site.
18. Race Number Categories - Please check your number is correct for your category. Men - all categories 1-2999, Ladies - all categories 3001-4500. A full list of entrants can be found on our entries page.
19. Headphones - Please note that the wearing of headphones by runners is not permitted.